Mechanical Design Engineer, w/ CAD & PDM responsibility
Apply for this job
- Full time
- No deadline
About AlvaAlva was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop electric generators for production of clean energy and electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Our aim is to accelerate the worlds transition to green energy by making affordable customized electrical machines available to everyone.
Established in 2016, Alva has grown to more than ten people with a reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables production of low-weight, high-efficient motors and generators for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites and so much more. We enhance the world.
We are currently engaged in several soft-funded, by European Commission and Norska Forskningsrådet, international projects within unmanned aerial vehicles, actuators and small wind turbines, and are now taking the step from R&D to commercialisation. We are therefore expanding our team to include several new positions, including a Mechanical Design Engineer who will develop electric machines based on our proprietary technology with responsibility of management of our CAD and PDM solution.
The positionWe are searching for a Mechanical Design Engineer to perform mechanical design and optimisation of electrical machines with responsibility to develop and maintain our CAD/PDM/Drawings standards and management of our PDM. The position will be highly versatile in the short-term, you will own the responsibility of the mechanical aspects of prototypes and products from initial design, until assembly and testing. Included is design of rotor assemblies, cooling solutions, bearing assemblies, stator attachments, housing and etc. The position will become more specialised with time according to Alva's needs, and your skillset and interests.
For the position you required to experience within CAD and PDM environments and possess an analytical mindset. You will solve different type of mechanical challenges dependent on the type of electrical machine and on the specific customer requirements. You will develop mechanical solutions from micro-motors for drones up to generators in the megawatt class. You will work jointly with our electromagnetic engineers to realise high-performing motor- and generator-designs.
You will hold the major responsibility to maintain a high integrity of our CAD data by implementing and maintaining standards, policies and tools which will allow Alva to expand the product range of competitive and mechanically high-performing products to successfully launch us into a industrialisation and commercialisation phase, and enable us to continuously improve our products to keep us competitive. You are expected to possess, or develop on your own initiative, the necessary skills and capabilities to succeed within your responsibility.
- Mechanical design and optimisation of electrical machines
- PDM management
- Version control management of mechanical designs
- Drawing standards and drawing creation process
- CAD process and best practice
- Streamlining of design process e.g. creation of parametric models, automatised optimisation, automatic generation of drawings etc.
- Higher education - Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Marine Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s preferred.
- Analytical - You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience - You have relevant experience of mechanical design and optimisation of rotational systems. You have strong knowledge of GD&T standards
- Motivated to improve - Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
- CAD skills - You are proficient and well-experienced in at least one of the major CAD platforms, e.g. Solidworks, Siemens NX, Onshape etc.
- PDM experience - You have extensive experience within PDM environments and preferably have experience of administration of PDM setups
- Experience with electric machine technology and applications.
- Structural optimisation - You have strong skills within optimisation of rotational mechanical systems. You are proficient in one of the major simulation platforms, e.g. Ansys, Abaqus, HyperWorks etc. and you are able to write your own analysis and optimisation algorithms.
- Speaks and writes fluent Norwegian.
Life at AlvaDo you want to pursue a meaningful vision together with a diverse and capable group of people, with the freedom to perform your work according to your personal preference?
You will become a part of a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people with the ambition and desire to enhance products, change industries, and improve the quality of life for people all over the world.
We are a young company and we move fast. You will therefore enjoy the freedom of delivering the needed results in the way you see most suitable and you will have opportunity to choose your career path as the company grows. We have the ambition to create a balanced work-environment where leisure and recreation is encouraged to assure a healthy team.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
+47 969 43 427