Senior Electromagnetic Engineer, Electrical Machines
Apply for this job
- Full time
- No deadline
About AlvaAlva was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop high-performance electric generators for production of clean energy and high-efficiency electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Our aim is to accelerate the worlds transition to green energy by making affordable customized electrical machines available to everyone.
Established in 2016, Alva has grown to more than ten people with a reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology for ironless/slotless motors with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables automatic, flexible and scalable production of electric motors and generators with superior performance over conventional alternatives for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites and so much more. We enhance the world.
We are engaged in several major development projects within unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV's), propulsion systems, actuators and small wind turbines, and are targeting applications within the defence, aerospace and automotive industry. As part of entering the commercialisation phase we are expanding our team to include several new positions, including a Senior Electromagnetic Engineer who will develop and design electrical machines, and guide the R&D strategy of the product technology.
The positionThe position will entail electromagnetic design and optimisation of ironless/slotless electrical machines, with a focus on performance, reliability, longevity and manufacturability. The products will range from micro-motors for drones up to generators in the megawatt class. You will also be a key-player in advancing our internally developed electric machine design and optimisation software technology, and act as an electrical machine expert to guide our R&D strategy and drive the work forward.
We are searching for a Electromagnetic Engineer with extensive experience of development, design and industrialisation of electrical motors and generators. You should have thorough theoretical understanding of electromagnetic and electrical engineering, and experience of R&D and design of electrical machines with a deep understanding of the electromagnetic properties and also how different electromagnetic concepts and topologies impact product properties such as performance, cost, reliability/longevity, manufacturability and etc.
You will be apart of the group of engineers that realise the advantages of Alva's ingenious production technology by developing high-performance products. This will allow Alva to expand the product range of competitive and high-performing products to successfully launch us into a industrialisation and commercialisation phase, and enable us to continuously improve our products to keep us competitive. You are expected to possess, or develop on your own initiative, the necessary skills and capabilities to succeed within your responsibility.
You will become a member of a highly dedicated and committed startup that values teamwork, continuous personal development, a fast technical development pace, open and precise communication and a professional work environment with room for recreational activities.
- Electromagnetic design and optimisation of electric machines
- Act as an expert for Alva in terms of electromagnetic concept decisions and development
- Formulation of electrical machine concepts based on the customer requirements
- Guide our R&D strategy to realise the full potential of our core technology
- Development and automation of design/optimisation software technology
- Higher education - Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s preferred.
- Theoretical knowledge -You have strong understanding of electromagnetic and electrical properties of electrical machines
- Experience - Extensive experience of development, design and optimisation of electrical machines
- Electromagnetic analysis experience - You have comprehensive experience of analysis and optimisation of electrical machines. You are proficient in one of the major simulation platforms, e.g. Ansys and COMSOL, and you are able to write your own analysis and optimisation algorithms.
- Analytical - You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Coding experience - You have experience of writing code for either analysis or optimisation in either Python or Matlab
- EM-analysis software expertise - You are proficient and well experienced in a software platform for analysis of electromagnetic systems, e.g. Ansys Maxwell and COMSOL
- Motivated to improve - Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
- Experience with ironless electric machine technology and applications
- Speak and write fluent Norwegian
- Knowledge and experience of power electronics and control systems
- Experience of thermal and analysis and design
Life at AlvaDo you want to pursue a meaningful vision together with a diverse and capable group of people, with the freedom to perform your work according to your personal preference?
You will become a part of a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people with the ambition and desire to enhance products, change industries, and improve the quality of life for people all over the world.
We are a young company and we move fast. You will therefore enjoy the freedom of delivering the needed results in the way you see most suitable and you will have opportunity to choose your career path as the company grows.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
+47 969 43 427