Electrical Design Engineer (Power Electronics)
- Full time
- Open until filled
About AlvaAlva was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop electric generators for production of clean energy and electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Believing that technological advancements and prosperity can in fact be both green and sustainable, we envision a world run solely on renewable, electric energy.
Founded in 2016, Alva has grown to more than twenty people with reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables the production of low-weight, high-efficiency electric motors and generators for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites, and much more. We enhance the world.
We are currently engaged in several international long-term projects for the electrification of electric aircraft, ground vehicles, and marine vehicles and are now commercializing our products in the rapidly growing UAV-market. We are therefore expanding our team to include several new positions, including an Electrical Design Engineer.
PositionWe are searching for an electrical engineer that will join our product development team. The goal for the team is to develop our product technology and products for specific customers.
You will work within two departments at Alva. In one department you will focus on developing specific electric machines and inverters within customer projects. In the second department, the focus is to further develop both our proprietary electric machine technology and our in-house developed electric machine design tool.
You will also act as our internal expert in regard to controllers/inverters for electrical machines and power electronics in general.
You will be developing best-in-class products, based on our proprietary production technology, FiberPrinting, for multiple exciting applications such as UAVs, Manned Aerial Vehicles, UUVs and heavy land-vehicles, where you will be a part of the development process from concept phase up to factory acceptance test.
Your main responsibility will be to analyze, optimize and design the electromagnetic system of electrical machines, and analysis and development of Alva's custom motor-controller/inverter/ESC technology.
- Analysis and optimization of electric drives, including electric machines and motor-controllers/inverters
- Selection, configuration, development and testing of motor-controllers/inverters tailored for Alva's FiberPrinted electrical machines.
- Development of Alva's proprietary design and optimization software platform
- Development of analytical models of electrical machines and motor-controllers/inverters
- Development of multi-disciplinary optimization schemes of electrical drive systems
- Software implementation of analytical models and optimization schemes (Python)
- Research and development of our proprietary product technology to meet requirements of new market segments
- Problem interpretation and solution generation
- Prototyping and testing of potential solutions and improvements
Experience and education
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience. Preferably more than 5 years.
- Development of power electronic systems (Development of motor-controller/inverter technology is preferred)
- Electrical simulation and analysis, e.g. Matlab or PSIM
- Software development for analysis and optimization (Extensive Python experience is preferred)
- Embedded software development
- Development of electromagnetic systems
- Analysis and simulation in COMSOL or Maxwell
- Optimization methods and schemes
- Design of electronics system
- Component selection
- PCB design
- Prototyping, e.g. assembly/soldering and testing of electronics
Conscientious - You enjoy performing work thoroughly and until completion
Handle complexity - You are able to solve complex problems and progress several projects in parallel
Process-oriented - You are able to turn reoccurring work into effective processes that require low maintenance
High work capacity – You can step up when needed
Motivated to improve – Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
Work environmentYou will be a part of the group of engineers that realize the advantages of Alva's ingenious production technology by developing high-performance products. This will allow Alva to expand the product range of competitive and high-performing products to successfully launch us into an industrialization and commercialization phase and enable us to continuously improve our products to keep us competitive. You are expected to possess or develop on your own initiative, the necessary skills and capabilities to succeed within your responsibility.
You will become a member of a highly dedicated and committed startup that values teamwork, continuous personal development, a fast technical development pace, open and precise communication, and a professional work environment with room for recreational activities.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer a competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
+47 918 22 374