Electric Machine Design Engineer
Apply for this job
- Full time
- No deadline
About AlvaAlva was founded to meet the growing global energy demand with renewable technologies. We develop electric generators for production of clean energy and electric motors to convert this energy to motion. Our aim is to accelerate the worlds transition to green energy by making affordable customized electrical machines available to everyone.
Established in 2016, Alva has grown to more than ten people with a reliable funding and an ingenious and patented production technology with proven superiority over conventional alternatives. FiberPrinting™ enables production of low-weight, high-efficient motors and generators for a wide range of applications, reflecting our true purpose. We do not just enhance electric motors and generators. We enhance electric cars, ships and airplanes, UAVs, medical equipment, robots, satellites and so much more. We enhance the world.
We are currently engaged in several soft-funded, by European Commission and Norska Forskningsrådet, international projects within unmanned aerial vehicles, actuators and small wind turbines, and are now taking the step from R&D to commercialisation. We are therefore expanding our team to include several new positions, including a Electric Machine Design Engineer who will develop electric machines based on our proprietary production technology.
The positionWe are searching for a Electric Machine Design Engineer to perform electromagnetic design and optimisation of electrical machines. The position will be highly versatile in the short-term, you will own the responsibility of the electromagnetic aspects of prototypes and products from initial design, until assembly and testing. The position will become more specialised with time according to Alva's needs, and your skillset and interests. You will also be a key-player in advancing our internally developed electric machine design and optimisation software technology.
For the position you are required to have experience with design of electromagnetic and electrical systems. You will develop electric machines from micro-motors for drones up to generators in the megawatt class. You will work jointly with our mechanical engineers to realise high-performing motor- and generator-designs.
You will be apart of the group of engineers that realise the advantages of Alva's ingenious production technology by developing high-performance products, this will allow Alva to expand the product range of competitive and mechanically high-performing products to successfully launch us into a industrialisation and commercialisation phase, and enable us to continuously improve our products to keep us competitive. You are expected to possess, or develop on your own initiative, the necessary skills and capabilities to succeed within your responsibility.
- Electromagnetic design and optimisation of electric machines
- Performance testing of electric machines
- Development of design/optimisation software
- Streamlining of design process e.g. creation of automatised optimisation, development of baseline designs etc.
- Higher education - Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Marine Engineering and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s preferred.
- Experience - You have relevant experience of mechanical design and optimisation of rotational systems
- Analytical - You have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Coding experience - You have experience of writing code for either analysis or optimisation in either Python or Matlab
- EM-analysis software expertise - You are proficient and well experienced in a software platform for analysis of electromagnetic systems, e.g. Ansys Maxwell and COMSOL
- Theoretical knowledge -You have strong theoretical knowledge and understanding of electrical and electromagnetic systems
- Motivated to improve - Ability to frequently evaluate your own performance, welcome criticism and reflect on your own reactions and thoughts.
Preferred requirements, but not necessary:
- Speak and write fluent Norwegian
- Knowledge and experience of power electronics and control systems
Life at AlvaDo you want to pursue a meaningful vision together with a diverse and capable group of people, with the freedom to perform your work according to your personal preference?
You will become a part of a tight-knit and diverse group of highly motivated and skilled people with the ambition and desire to enhance products, change industries, and improve the quality of life for people all over the world.
We are a young company and we move fast. You will therefore enjoy the freedom of delivering the needed results in the way you see most suitable and you will have opportunity to choose your career path as the company grows. We have the ambition to create a balanced work-environment where leisure and recreation is encouraged to assure a healthy team.
Aside from an intriguing opportunity and a welcoming work environment, we offer competitive salary and stock options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
+47 969 43 427