Test Support Engineer (UK)
- Full time
- Southampton, Winchester
- Sunday Oct 31, 23:59
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are opening an office in Winchester area and are therefore looking for an experienced and service minded Test & Support Engineer to assist our increasing list of customers with new and exciting projects in UK & Ireland. You will ideally be located in the area, but location will not be a barrier for the right applicant and travel both in UK and overseas will be a requirement.
Your responsibility will be to ensure that Appear’s Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. You will be working in our experienced support team and in close cooperation with our broader Support and Systems Engineering teams, Development, Commercial & Sales teams. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, problem solver and an eagerness to work with an experienced team, supporting tomorrow’s TV technology. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement, with other language skills being an advantage.
- Relevant higher education; MSc or BSc & relevant industry experience an advantage.
- 3+ years of experience as test/support engineer
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to understand complex technical video delivery systems
- Good communication skills and experience with interacting with customers
- Technical level understanding in the following areas;
- Digital Video Distribution, Contribution Networks & OTT
- Video Compression formats and DVB/MPEG TS
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols (CCNA preferred)
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- Linux operating systems (specifically embedded systems)
- Supporting our current and future deployed hardware and software-based contribution
- Supporting our distribution video delivery solutions deployed globally
- Discuss deployment, testing and end-user feedback with customers
- Run System Release and SW Patch Tests
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support and deep debug investigations
- Run remote configuration, maintenance and diagnostics
- Participate in the 24/7 Technical Support capability function
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Ability to support clients both remotely and on site
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions
- Availability to travel as needed
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- A young, dynamic and exciting place to work with humor and energy
- State-of-the-art products and technology
- Inspiring customers and projects
- International work environment
- Competitive terms & benefits
+47 971 44 212