Sales Director (Russia)
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are is looking for an experienced professional to help secure new projects and grow our business in the Russian Media & Broadcast market. The ideal candidate is located in Russia, but location will not be a barrier for the right candidate.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a lead sales role to Tier-1 Fiber Networks, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners.
You have 8+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with in-depth commercial understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments.
- Develop strategy and outline roadmap for Sales and Marketing to support strong growth in the region
- Deliver sales revenue targets, implementing and managing a robust sales forecasting process
- Expand and nurture our regional reseller and partner relationships, driving business both directly to customers and via indirect channels
- Review ways in which market opportunities and sales revenue can be maximized across the various countries and market segments
- Identify hiring needs, hire and train new team members
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for Account Executives s and wider team
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive cross-functionally collaboration with Marketing, Technical Sales, Talent Acquisition, Product Management and Support to align regional strategy
- Participate in regional and global trade shows and exhibitions
- 8+ years of B2B sales leadership in one of the following areas:
- Digital Video contribution and distribution network design
- Video compression formats
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- An excellent track record in achieving quota attainment as first line sales leader
- Territory knowledge / experience in leading teams covering the Eastern Europe and Russian markets
- History of leading sales teams selling complex technical solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in both English and Russian
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Strong operational and process orientation & bias towards execution
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- An international work environment
- 5 weeks' of vacation
- Competitive terms & benefits
- Flexible office work/remote work policy
- Stock-based bonus scheme
Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen
+47 920 32 078