Sales Director for Broadcast & Media Market (Russia)
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is looking for an experienced professional to help secure new projects and grow our business in the Russian Media & Broadcast market. This work will be carried out in close cooperation with our Global Pre Sales and Sales teams. You will ideally be located in the Russia, however location will not be a barrier for the right applicant.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a lead sales role to Tier-1 Fiber Networks, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners. Specifically, in relation to the sales of technically complex solutions for multi-million USD projects within the end to end live and offline professional video delivery ecosystem from content capture to consumer.
You have 8+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with in-depth commercial understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments. It would be an advantageous if the candidate had strong knowledge of the technically solutions and how they meet client’s operational requirements from concept to delivery.
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Appear is dedicated to designing and producing world class solutions for the delivery of professional video services. Our mission is to deliver unique products that open up new opportunities for visual communication around the globe. Our portfolio is in operation in more than 100 countries across 5 continents. It ensures reliable video services to millions of households. Customers are broadcasters, operators or corporations who expect a high level of quality and technical expertise from their technology enablers.
Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology. We strive to provide the best quality and service in a particularly international environment. For further information, please see appeartv.com
- Develop strategy and outline roadmap for Sales and Marketing to support strong growth in the region
- Deliver sales revenue targets, implementing and managing a robust sales forecasting process
- Expand and nurture our regional reseller and partner relationships, driving business both directly to customers and via indirect channels
- Review ways in which market opportunities and sales revenue can be maximized across the various countries and market segments
- Identify hiring needs, hire and train new team members
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for Account Executives s and wider team
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive cross-functionally collaboration with Marketing, Technical Sales, Talent Acquisition, Product Management and Support to align regional strategy
- Participate in regional and global trade shows and exhibitions
- 8+ years of B2B sales leadership in one of the following areas:
- Digital Video contribution and distribution network design
- Video compression formats
- TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols
- Cloud and cluster-based system architectures
- An excellent track record in achieving quota attainment as first line sales leader
- Territory knowledge / experience in leading teams covering the Eastern Europe and Russian markets
- History of leading sales teams selling complex technical solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Strong operational and process orientation & bias towards execution
- Excellent Professional Sales Skills: A proficient and creative, high-level sales negotiator with outstanding ability to achieve and exceed sales targets in a B2B, complex sale environment. Proven ability to target accounts and using techniques like MEDDIC / Challenger Sales / Solutions Selling, uncover true needs and decision-makers to progress opportunities through our sales funnel. You have a love for the sales process and a proven ability to consistently find and close new accounts.
- Valuing Communication and Customer Orientation: A strong and assured communicator and presenter, who is able to gain personal credibility with Board level senior customer management. Understands the customer implications of chosen approaches and is able to reflect these in a diplomatic and professional manner in order to achieve client trust and confidence.
- Strong Business Acumen: Able to take a commercially aware approach to achieving goals and objectives and balance both technical and commercial considerations in achieving sales success and ongoing customer satisfaction. Financially astute. Familiarity with financial models, ROI, TCO, capital versus operating budget issues, etc are all areas which will drive success in this role.
- An Achievement Oriented Approach: You possess a high activity rate, are pro-active and goal-oriented with a sense of urgency and can adopt a disciplined, practical and organised approach. You have a propensity to succeed, make effective decisions and see them through to an effective conclusion.
- High Work Standards and Integrity: Sets and maintains professional standards at all times, puts forward facts honestly and can be trusted implicitly by customers and fellow employees alike. Does far more than the minimum required and is concerned with the quality, professionalism and integrity of work undertaken.
- Self-Reliance and Flexibility: Possesses a self-assured and outward going personality with the ability and adaptability to work practically, independently, reliably and flexibly, without the need for ongoing support.
• A young, dynamic and exciting place to work with humor and energy
• State-of-the-art products and technology
• Inspiring customers and projects
• International work environment
• Competitive terms & benefits
Thomas Bostrøm Jørgensen
+47 920 32 078