Business Developer Nordics
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for an experienced sales professional to help secure new projects and increase revenue in the Nordic market in close cooperation with our Global Pre-Sales and Sales teams. You will ideally be located in Oslo, Norway, however location will not be a barrier for the right applicant.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a lead sales role to Tier 1 Fiber Network, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners. Specifically in relation to the deployment of technically complex solutions for sizeable projects within the end to end live and offline professional video delivery ecosystem from content capture to consumer.
If you have 5+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with technical understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments. This would be advantageous for the commercial engagement process to ensure the technically offered solutions meet client’s operational requirements from concept to delivery.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets for you and your team
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close with new clients
- An established industry network with strong relationship to key stakeholders in the industry
- Demonstrable experience as regional sales manager, developing a client-focused, differentiated and achievable approach to opening new business opportunities
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English. Norwegian or other Scandinavian languages are a major advantage.
- Relevant higher education: MSc., MBA (or equivalent).
- Commercial experience selling to Tier 1 Clients within two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video contribution and distribution
- Video compression
- TCP/IP networks
- Cloud and cluster-based systems
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Actively seeking new clients and sales opportunities through networking and social media
- Research market trends, establish and implement strategies
- Map organizations and identify key influencers within qualified leads
- Establish contact and prepare appropriate material together with TSS
- Prepare commercial offers and close sales
- Share forecasts, reports and financial data on sales pipeline
- Participate in exhibitions and conferences
- Gather feedback and input from potential and new clients on development needs and trends
- Collaborate across sales team to grow opportunities within region
- Availability to travel as needed
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- An international work environment
- 5 weeks' of vacation
- Competitive terms & benefits
- Flexible office work/remote work policy
- Stock-based bonus scheme
+47 971 44 212