IT Support Specialist (Oslo)
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is looking for an IT Support Specialist to join our new IT department and to help keep pace with the needs of a fast-growing company. As an IT Support Specialist, you will engage in the day-to-day IT activities, proactively maintain our IT infrastructure and offer technical support to our global workforce.
- Perform project-based work to improve IT operations and security at Appear
- Secure efficient on- and off-boarding of employees on devices, tools and services
- Image Windows and Linux servers and clients
- Provide IT support to your colleagues
- Manage IT assets and inventory
- Assist with desktop and server software and patch deployment automation
- Deploy software and security patches
You are a passionate and personable IT enthusiast who is motivated by problem solving. With a love for technology, you thrive on working with intelligent computer systems, and are eager to learn more about the technological architecture at Appear. In addition to having an agile mindset with exceptional troubleshooting skills, you enjoy working with people in an international environment. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys interact with different technologies and discussing technical solutions with your coworkers.
- 3+ years of experience in IT operations, technical support or helpdesk environment
- End-user support experience in on-prem and remote Windows, Mac and Linux environments
- A strong understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Familiarity with ITIL and COBIT
- Experience in Office 365, Azure and on-prem Active directory administration
- Ability to act on event viewer and log file information
- The ability to communicate sophisticated technical issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, fluent in Norwegian, additional language skills an advantage.
Who are we?
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology. All employees are dedicated to quality and service in a particularly international environment. We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks vacation
- An international work environment
- Colleagues with hardware, software and IP super-skills
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
+47 971 44 212