Global Support Engineer (Mexico)
- Full time
- Open until filled
We are looking for a highly skilled and service minded Global Support Engineer to strength our presence in the Americas.
We provide carrier-grade solutions that enable broadcasters and operators to eventually deliver professional quality TV and video services to home, hospitality and mobile markets. Our equipment ensures reliable video services to millions of households at the highest quality. Our customers are Broadcasters and OTT/Cable/Satellite operators who expect a high level of quality and technical expertise from their technology enablers.
You will be based in Mexico City and your responsibility will be to ensure ATV Hardware and Software (Linux) based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. The job also involves close co-operation with our Development and Sales teams.
- Supporting our current and future deployed HW-based contribution, distribution and SW-based video delivery solutions
- Being a technology evangelist that can advise customer concerning deployment, testing and end user feedback
- Remote maintenance and diagnostics
- On-site system installation, configuration and testing
- Technical training on Appear TV products
- Participate in Trade Shows and Exhibitions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Relevant higher education: MSc., Cand. Scient (or equivalent). BSc will also be considered with relevant experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to understand technical complex video delivery challenges
- Familiarity with video compression and live video delivery to end users
- Experience with TCP/IP technologies, networks and protocols
- In depth experience with Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with cloud and cluster based system architectures
- Shows initiative, independent and courteous in all communication - Customer service and interaction
You will have a positive attitude; want to work with an experienced team, developing tomorrow’s TV technology and products. Fluency in English and Spanish are required (Portuguese language is advantageous). Travelling should be expected.
- State-of-the-art products and technology
- Inspiring customers and projects
- Competitive terms
+47 464 12 040