Senior Sales Manager (UK)
- Full time
- Southampton, Winchester
- Tuesday Aug 31, 23:59
Appear is a Norwegian based Broadcast & Telecommunications Technology provider that designs, manufactures and deploys broadcast equipment solutions for video transmission from camera to any consumer device across any transmission network to premium Tier 1 operators Internationally.
As a part of our scale up process, we are opening an office in the Winchester area and are looking for an experienced sales professional to help secure new projects and increase revenue in the UK & Ireland. You will ideally be located within travel distance to Winchester, but location will not be a barrier for the right applicant. You will also need to have the ability to travel regularly within the UK, Ireland and Overseas.
Candidates are expected to have an excellent understanding of the current market trends, demonstrating a strong history of senior level engagements in a lead sales role to Tier 1 Fiber Network, Broadcast Operators and Content Owners. Specifically in relation to the deployment of technically complex solutions for sizeable projects within the end to end live and offline professional video delivery ecosystem from content capture to consumer.
If you have 7+ years of experience and an established industry network, ideally gained within a vendor or operator environment with technical understanding of the fixed and mobile video contribution, production, streaming and content distribution segments. This would be advantageous for the commercial engagement process to ensure the technically offered solutions meet client’s operational requirements from concept to delivery.
- Relevant higher education: MSc
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets for you and your team
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close with new clients
- An established industry network with strong relationship to key stakeholders in the industry
- Demonstrable experience as regional sales manager, developing a client-focused, differentiated and achievable approach to opening new business opportunities
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Commercial experience selling to Tier 1 Clients within two or more of the following areas:
- Digital Video contribution and distribution
- Video compression
- TCP/IP networks
- Cloud and cluster-based systems
- Create regional sales plans and quotas in alignment with business objectives
- Actively seeking new clients and sales opportunities through networking and social media
- Research market trends, establish and implement strategies
- Map organizations and identify key influencers within qualified leads
- Establish contact and prepare appropriate material together with TSS
- Prepare commercial offers and close sales
- Share forecasts, reports and financial data on sales pipeline
- Participate in exhibitions and conferences
- Gather feedback and input from potential and new clients on development needs and trends
- Collaborate across sales team to grow opportunities within region
- Availability to travel as needed
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology. We strive to provide the best quality and service in a particularly international environment. For further information, please see www.appear.net
- A young, dynamic and exciting place to work with humor and energy
- State-of-the-art products and technology
- Inspiring customers and projects
- International work environment
- Competitive terms & benefits
+47 971 44 212