- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our ambitions to scale-up, we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Product Owner for our XC platform. The XC platform is an established product range used by satellite, terrestrial, cable and IP TV operators all over the world. Appear uses LeSS methodology in our development and as a Product Owner you will be responsible for managing the backlog in order to maximize the return of our significant investment (ROI) in product development. You will be actively supporting our teams, and organization, in delivering world class quality products.
You are open, eager, approachable, passionate, collaborative and enjoy working with other people. You are pro-active and tackle challenges head-on in order to ensure the team success. You have an in-depth understanding of the broadcast marked and thrive on understanding how we efficiently can solve customer's needs. You have good communication skills that have the ability to work with our customers to make sure the offered solutions meet their operational requirements.
- Communication link between customers and development
- Specify product backlog from a customer perspective
- Prioritizing items in the Product Backlog based on company strategy, profit drivers and business risk.
- Guide the development team(s) making sure the development meets the customer expectation
- Link customers directly to development when possible
- Market research and understanding Appear’s space in the broadcast world
- Travel to exhibitions and customers to demonstrate and gather requirements
- Drive long term strategy for Product
- Master’s Degree, preferably in an engineering subject. BSc will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with product development
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or LeSS
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to understand large systems
- Customer service and interaction focus
- Self-managed and driven
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- A young, dynamic and exciting place to work with humor and energy
- State-of-the-art products and technology
- Inspiring customers and projects
- International work environment
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks' vacation
- In-house gym and cafeteria with unlimited temptations
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
+47 971 44 212