Head of IT Operations (Oslo)
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is looking for an experienced Head of IT Operations & Security to lead our new IT department. As Head of IT Operations in Appear, you will lead the day-to-day IT activities, deploying and operating our networks, clients, servers and cloud service dependencies. Your goal is to ensure that Appear has an efficient, scalable and secure IT infrastructure, enabling our continued international growth.
- Develop strategic objectives, plans and budgets for IT operations and IT security in cooperation with the management team
- Collaborate with team leads to deploy and maintain business-driven tools and solutions, providing employees with an efficient working environment
- Develop, maintain and implement IT procedures in line with regulatory requirements and business expectations
- Manage day-to-day operation of Appears IT infrastructure based on above objectives, solutions and processes
- Oversee IT operational staff (currently 1 direct reporting) and third-party suppliers
The ideal candidate is a passionate and personable IT enthusiast who is motivated by problem solving. With a love for technology, you thrive on working with intelligent computer systems, and are eager to learn more about the technological architecture at Appear. In addition to having an agile mindset with exceptional troubleshooting skills, you enjoy working with people in an international environment. With a mix of technical knowledge and excellent communication skills, you consider yourself to be a resourceful, supportive and enthusiastic leader. With your technological expertise, people skills and communicative abilities, the IT department will thrive.
- 5+ years of experience in IT operations
- Demonstrable experience in deploying and maintaining Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, Office 365 and related Azure services
- Excellent understanding of IT operations in mixed and hybrid environments
- Proven ability in managing Linux servers and clients in a Windows AD environment, WSL2 knowledge is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile software development, ITIL, COBIT and ISO27001
- Relevant network experience, preferably Cisco IOS with CCNA+ certifications
- Remote IT resource management skills including deployment, MDM and VPN technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in Norwegian and English, additional language skills an advantage.
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
Appear has won several national and international prizes for revenue growth, internationalization and technology. All employees are dedicated to quality and service in a particularly international environment. We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks vacation
- An international work environment
- Colleagues with hardware, software and IP super-skills
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a multitude of temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
+47 971 44 212