Accounts & Admin Manager (UK)
- Part time
- Friday Oct 15, 23:59
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a passionate and skilled candidate to become our Accounts & Admin Manager for our new office in Southampton, UK. This is an office based, part time role, and it is expected that the the candidate can work a minimum of 24 hours per week.
As our Accounts & Admin Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the financial accounts of our UK office. To include consolidation of input and output ledgers with Head Office, sales invoicing, VAT returns and supplier payments. Additionally responsible for the day to day administrative aspects of running the office that will include supporting the sales team with quotations, recording and maintaining customer account information.
- Relevant higher education & experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable accounting principles, book keeping and office assistance work
- Excellent English language skill both written and orally
- Positive personality with strong communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Ability to work well under limited supervision but a team player
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years experience as an accounts/office administrator is required
- Proficiency in MS Office, Sage or Intuit SW or similar accounting packages
- Document controller - managing filing system for statutory document control / SharePoint Electronic Data room
- Oversee all billing, accounts receivable, and collection activities.
- To provide/manage book keeping for the UK business; includes account system book entries, control of incoming invoices, invoice preparation, bank control, internal reporting processes.
- To keep up to date with UK requirements & regulations on VAT.
- To provide administration support for office services, 3rd party contractor, (for example office space, amenities, repairs, office supplies) under instruction from GM.
- Work will include assistance with year-end reporting preparation (assist with Auditors Reports) and assistance with monthly and other financial reports and related enquiries for clients.
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Attractive rates of pay
- Pension benefits
- Paid annual leave – Minimum of 15 days (Determined on agreed contracted hours)
- An international work environment
+47 971 44 212