FPGA Developer (Oslo)
- Full time
- Lysaker, Oslo
- Open until filled
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a skilled and talented FPGA developer to join our FPGA team.
You consider yourself to be a good team player, with the ability to work across disciplines. You appreciate well-designed, coherent, and documented code. You are also creative and structured, and excited by the opportunity to push the boundaries of video
- You have a BS/MS of Electronic Systems Design or equivalent
- You want to push the boundaries of digital design in one of Norway’s leading FPGA teams
- You put strong emphasis on best practice design and self-checking verification techniques
- You are self-sustained and curious about new technologies
- You have a few years of experience working with digital design
- VHDL programming, simulation and verification methodologies
- Networking protocols, packet processing and traffic management
- Emerging Video-over-IP standards
- Video Processing
- Advanced Encryption Standards
On the First Day, you’ll meet the FPGA team. The team manager will provide you with an outline of the products you’ll be working on, its market application and business feasibility, as well as ongoing and upcoming releases. One of the experienced FPGA designers will act as your mentor during your first project. Our policy is basically dive-in, headfirst, from Day One…
During the First Month, you will participate in the first product release. Your contribution will directly affect important features that will be demonstrated to key customers shortly after.
Upon finishing the First Year, you’re established as a core team member. You will have made a direct impact on key solutions we provide to some of the largest TV operators in one of the most dominant industries in the world.
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a endless temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
+47 907 59 266