Head of Quality Assurance/Test
- Full time
- Open until filled
Appear is a leading provider of media processing and delivery technology. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway and with customers in over 100 countries, Appear provides the backbone that production companies, telcos and broadcasters rely on to make immersive live experiences possible for their viewers. With world-class products and expertise, Appear’s focus on modularity, efficiency and high quality helps customers stay ahead of competition in a market where expectations and requirements are constantly changing and evolving.
As a part of our scale up process, we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Head of QA/Test who is experienced in mentoring best practice for QA/Test within an agile organization.
Your responsibility will be to ensure that Appear Hardware and Software based video products work flawlessly within our global customer base. You will be heading a QA/Test team and report to the Head of Development as a senior member of our Development team. You will be working in close cooperation with all our agile Scrum teams and coach best practice for Test/QA within an agile scrum environment. You will also be working in close cooperation with our Technical & Commercial Sales teams.
The ideal candidate should have experience in mentoring best practice for QA/Test within an agile organization. In addition to having an agile mindset with great troubleshooting skills, you enjoy working with people in an international environment. You should enjoy providing direction, mentoring and coaching to both developers and QA team members, ensuring the success of the team and supporting tomorrow’s TV technology. Fluency in English is a minimum requirement, with other language skills being an advantage.
- BS/MS in business, engineering, computer science, technology, or similar
- Excellent leadership skills and QA/Test management experience across a multitude of projects
- Experience in implementing and shaping QA processes and strategies within an Agile environment
- In-depth knowledge of risk management, risk identification and risked based testing
- Excellent problem-solving skills and understanding of complex video delivery systems
- Great communication skills and experience in communicating with all levels of management, peers and customers
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team and recognize the talent and potential of each team member
- Ability to implement quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery
- Responsible for leading the QA/Test team
- Responsible for defining QA/Test strategies for all agile development teams
- Lead the development of the QA/Test strategy, methodology, discipline and framework
- Provide leadership and technical QA/Test expertise
- Build and maintain QA processes in addition to enforcing technical and testing standards
- Collect and present testing metrics and testing activities
- Establish and implement automated and agile testing improvements in all development teams
- Availability to travel as needed
We’re an informal organization with a lot of positive energy and an inclusive environment. Here at Appear you will benefit from the entrepreneurial vigor of a medium-sized organization while working closely with decision makers and customers, all while working with world class cutting-edge technology.
- Flexible working hours
- Five weeks’ vacation
- An international work environment
- Buddy system
- In-house gym and cafeteria with a endless temptations
- Yearly trip to Trysil
- Stock-based bonus scheme
- Opportunity to attend global tech exhibitions
+47 971 44 212