Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Apply for job
- Full time
- Oslo or Trondheim
- Thursday 30. Apr, 23:59
Position title: Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Reporting: Connectivity Team Lead
Location: Oslo or Trondheim
Disruptive Technologies has developed the world's smallest commercial-grade wireless IoT sensors, which measure temperature, movement, touch, and many more coming soon.
We are a team of industry professionals from companies like Google, Yahoo!, Siemens, CISCO, Texas Instruments, PwC, and Silicon Labs working with a whole community of partners and customers on a mission to change the way the world operates. We have the enthusiasm of a fresh start-up company combined with the experience of a veteran industry player. We have a great work culture, a healthy work/life balance and are expanding globally.
Find out more about Disruptive Technologies by clicking here.
About the role
As our Embedded Linux Software Engineer you will be developing software for our wireless gateway.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and enhance the software application running on the gateway, which relays messages from the sensor to the cloud, mainly written in Go and running on an embedded Linux OS.
- Maintain the embedded Linux system built using Yocto/OpenEmbedded.
- Implement security and privacy policies such as firewall, auditability, authentication, access control.
- Perform and automate release testing of new application and Linux OS, write unit tests, review HW schematics/layout, collaborate closely with HW R&D team.
- Develop software for self-testing of the wireless gateway during manufacturing.
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Knowledge of one or more of: U-Boot, Linux kernel, Yocto, Linux device drivers, network interfaces.
- Desired knowledge: Go, C, Python, git, Jenkins, Docker, cellular modem technologies.
- Ambitious and eager to learn, excellent team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
If this is the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or click "Apply" button.
+47 465 72 707