Business development project for Atea and Kahoot! - IT Innovation in the Norwegian school sector
- Part time
- Wednesday Jun 15, 23:59
Start/End: August–October 2022 (week 33–42)
Duration: 10 weeks, 10-15 hours per student per week
Team: 4 students
Paid part-time project – unique work experience and a kickstart to future employment
Atea and Kahoot!'s project is facilitated through The Innovation Effect's (TIE) learning and innovation program. The students who participate work in interdisciplinary teams on solving real business challenges, with the mandate to innovate and present new ideas. TIE facilitates the process and mentors the students throughout the project, with the goal to stimulate learning and co-creation between young creative minds and innovative companies. The project is paid, part-time with flexible workhours, and is compatible with full-time studies.
About the project
Atea is the leading provider of IT infrastructure in the Nordic and Baltic region. They have a strong position in the Norwegian school sector, selling IT products and services through municipalities and school management. Meanwhile, Kahoot! has transitioned from being a quiz tool to a complete learning platform. Now, the companies have joined forces on the following challenge: “How should Atea and Kahoot! jointly succeed in delivering Kahoot! as a learning platform to Norwegian pupils (1st to 10th grade) through the municipalities?”
Today, it is mainly the free version of Kahoot! being used by teachers individually. But Kahoot! EDU offers school licenses with a wide range of learning activities and content to make learning awesome. The goal of the new partnership is to include Kahoot! in Atea's offer to schools, securing municipalities and school management as regulate committed customers and making Kahoot! a tool the schools provide all teachers.
The companies seek the help of an interdisciplinary student team to come up with a new business plan / business model and go-to-market plan with associated user scenarios. The goal is to succeed with a broader adoption of Kahoot!'s products in Norwegian primary schools. The companies will provide both relevant secondary data, insights and several initial ideas to the challenge, giving the student team a head start.
The student team will be responsible for the following main activities:
- Market research on trends, technology and best practices – secondary data and desk research
- Qualitative/quantitative research towards the target groups; buyers in selected municipalities and school management in 1st to 10th grade + teachers, possibly also pupils as the end-user
- Conceptualization of a new joint business model and go-to-market plan with user scenarios, as an MVP
- Development of a final project report with strategic recommendations for the companies' further work
- Continuous project management, and prepare and hold meeting presentations
We seek students at master's level or last year's bachelor in Oslo with the following competence:
- Data collection and analysis
- Business and strategy development
- Technology and innovation
- Marketing / design – graphic and/or UX
Application deadline: 15. June 2022 – but we are recruiting continuously!
Apply by registering your profile, CV and relevant documents through our recruitment platform here on Poption. If you have any questions regarding the project, please send an email to email@example.com.
+47 906 99 785